It is excellent that when you consider learning about the Bible from a person you have not personally met or read, that you ask about what they believe.
Anticipating such an inquiry, here is the statement of faith which I embrace:
- I believe the Bible is the inspired, the only inerrant, authoritative Word of God.
- I believe that there is one God, eternally existent in three Persons: Father, Son, and Holy Spirit.
- I believe in the deity of our Lord Jesus Christ, in His virgin birth, in His sinless life, in His miracles, in His vicarious and atoning death through His shed blood, in His burial, in His bodily resurrection, in His ascension to the right hand of the Father, and in His personal return in power and glory.
- I believe that for the salvation of lost and sinful man, regeneration by the Holy Spirit is absolutely essential.
- I believe in the present ministry of the Holy Spirit, by whose indwelling the Christian is enabled to live a godly life.
- I believe in the resurrection of both the saved and the lost; they that are saved unto the resurrection of life and they that are lost unto the resurrection of damnation.
- I believe in the spiritual unity of believers in our Lord Jesus Christ.