FROM THE BACK COVER
WHERE IS GOD WHEN YOU OR SOMEONE YOU LOVE GETS CANCER?
… CLOSER THAN HE SEEMS
When Robert Rasmussen and his young family went to Kenya as missionaries, they could not have expected that 10 years later they would be back in American facing the greatest challenge of their lives. Robert’s wife, Lyn, was struck with aggressive leukemia and fought for her life.
Out of that struggle, Robert’s family learned to hang on to God tighter than ever. And in the process, they saw more of God. Based on his personal story, this book chronicles ways that God gives strength to anyone going through difficult trials. Chapters include:
- “Bubble of Grace” – How God surrounds you in His comforting presence
- “He Loves to Heal” – Scripture shows that Jesus frequently preferred health over illness
- “When the Doctor Talks about Risk” – How to overcome fear by focusing on truths you know with 100% certainty
- “Today” – God is thinking about you today, so you can value it as His gift to you.
LENGTH JUST 93 PAGES
This book is purposely short, for two reasons.
- I wrote it during a time that I could not concentrate for very long.
- I suspect my reader is likewise short of time and energy to read for more that a few minutes.
Each of the 14 chapters ends with a brief prayer. Here is one example:
God, I thank You for being here with me right now. Thank You that You know exactly what I’m going through. I ask that you would remind me today of Your presence. Let me experience Your strong hand.
Help me, Lord, to trust You to do with me what is best. No matter what happens, I want to depend on You completely. Amen